Study in China: Guide to 2023/2024 Chinese Government Scholarship Application
Chinese Government Scholarship is now open for application. Online application and the corresponding application documents should be submitted to application receiving agency.
Online application: completed application materials must be submitted to Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (CGSIS) no later than January 31, 2023.
For more information, please refer to http://www.campuschina.org.
1. Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically.
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- be a high school graduate (at least) under the age of 45 when applying for general scholar programs;
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
- have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 3 when applying for Chinese-taught undergraduate or general scholar programs (studying Chinese language are exempted);
- have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 3 when applying for Chinese-taught senior scholar programs;
- have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese-taught master’s or doctoral programs;
- meet the admission requirements of the applied universities in terms of academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criterial.
2. Application Documents
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
- Copy of Passport Home Page: Applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of his/her ordinary passport with validity later than March 1, 2024.
- Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements. Applicants for other language-taught programs shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates according to the universities’ requirements, like IELTS or TOFEL report.
- Admission documents. To apply for master’s and doctoral degree or as general and senior scholars, applicants shall provide admission documents issued by the applied universities. Admission documents include admission notice, pre-admission letter, invitation from professors and etc. Applicants with admission documents will obtain the priority in winning the Chinese Government Scholarship.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
- Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
- Example of Art. To apply for art or design related majors, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system. Applicants could also provide such materials to the applied universities directly in other ways.
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form is designed by the Chinese quarantine authority and can be obtained from the dispatching authority. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
Reminder: Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
3. Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (CGSIS)
Please carefully read the instructions before applying for the scholarship.
Step 1: Visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for Students” at http://www.campuschina.org
Register an account through [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] and login with your account.
Step 2: Input Personal Details. Click “Edit Personal Details” and finish inputting personal details by filling in all the information, verifying and saving the information. After the completion of this section, return to the previous page by clicking “Finish” and start filling in your application information.
Step 3: Select the correct “Program Category”.
Please select Program Category “Type A”.
Step 4: Input the correct Agency Number.
Your Agency Number is: 2501
Program Category and Agency Number are directly matched, both are mandatory for online application. After inputting agency number, the matched agency name will automatically show on the page. As Program Category and Agency Number are directly matched, application processing authorities will not receive your online application if the program category or agency number are not correct.
Step 5: Input Application Information.
Next, please move on to the section of “Language Proficiency and Study Plan” and upload “Supporting Documents” as requested, then click “Submit” to complete the application. Check each part of your application carefully before submission. Please make sure that all the information and uploaded documents are valid and accurate.
When applicants of “Type A” application choose the “Preferences of Institutes”, system will automatically match the available universities according to the selected “Student Category, Preferred teaching language”. With any inquiry concerning the available majors of each university, please visit the following website.
“Catalog of Discipline Field, First-level Discipline, Specialty” is available from the“Help”, applicants could download the file to identify the relation between Discipline and Major.
Step 6: Once submitted, amendment cannot be made on “Personal Details” and “Application Information”. Before the application being processed by the processing authorities, applicant can revoke the submitted application by clicking “Withdraw” and edit the application. After revoking the application, applicant must submit at second time after re-editing, or the application will not be processed. Once the application is processed, application cannot be revoked.
Step 7: Click “Print the Application Form” and download the form.
Step 8: Submit scholarship application under the requirements of the dispatching authorities (or application processing agency)
China Scholarship Council never entrust any individual or intermediary agent to process Chinese government scholarship applications. Kindly remind that all applicants to directly submit your scholarship applications through official dispatching authorities, avoiding being deceived. The website below is the only official website that China Scholarship Council publishing Study in China information, please do not trust information from any other portals or sources.
Notes: Application with incorrect Agency Number will not be processed.
Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0).
For applicants using Internet Explorer, please close the “compatible view mode” function ahead of editing.
Please fill in all application information in Chinese or English.
Only online application will be accepted and no need to send us the printed papers anymore
Mr. ZHANG Weiyu
Download：FOREIGNER PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM